“Are you speeding up?” my partner asked right after calling “on your left” to the gentleman we passed. I had picked up the pace, not because I felt strong, but because I was eager for the finish line. I could already predict which joints would smart later. I was just trying to forget how often I pushed snooze on my alarm clock instead of maintaining stamina on the road.
Spring gifted us with a flawless day—a warm sun, whispering breeze, magnolia blossoms. So flawless that I’ve started a brand new notebook with all the clean pages. The one I’m setting aside still has some blank space, but the notes I took for the first three months of the year grew too heavy weeks ago. That ink-stained journal can be set aside and used for reference only.
"Stairs are hard! I can barely walk!" read the text from my running partner in the early evening. Only minutes earlier had I sunk gingerly into the couch thanks to this morning's run. Never mind the aches and pains, I'm going to sprint through them. If doing so gets me out of this winter, that's fine by me.
I love the association between your spring run (pushing through, in spite of a not-perfect practice schedule) and turning to a new, fresh notebook. The past is for reference. The future is now, and you are doing great :)
ReplyDeleteLove it! I need to start running again. . . and I just bought 5 new notebooks at TJ max, because they had my favorite kind!
ReplyDeleteNice pace to this slice -- with the spring and the run and the notebook all combined!
I have been off of running since January due to tendinitis and asthmatic bronchitis. Tomorrow I get to start by walking again! I hope to be back to running in a few weeks. Your post reminded me how much I miss it.
ReplyDeleteI like the image of winter notes too heavy for spring. Enjoy filling that new notebook!
ReplyDelete