There are no fish because this lake is temporary--I hope. The squirrels hope so, too, from their perch atop the trees. The swallows checked the forecast and turned around for four more weeks. The geese, also on route from the south, are on their way. Soon I'll have company in my one-lap trip to work, but I'll keep my distance because geese can be pretty mean.
Dry now and under shelter, the deluge hasn't swept my house away. Yet still, it rains. Perhaps tomorrow, the foundation will have loosened, and I will awake in an ark. In that case, I won't swim to school. I'll row.
Nice detail-- struts and strokes and galoshes and flippers-- your fanciful description almost makes all this rain tolerable!
ReplyDeleteYou'll row- that made me laugh (with a little crying tied in). Love all the animal updates - but the geese especially.
ReplyDeleteYou blow me away with your writing! The animals, the ark, all the water words... I would have wimped out and driven!
ReplyDelete