When the dismissal bell rang, I might have started on that crate of ungraded notebooks if not for the invitation I accepted. My laptop seemed to say, So soon? before it went black, and I zipped my backpack tight for a while. The scent of brewing tea greeted me at the door, and the welcome was as warm as the kettle. This group of readers and I, we chatted round the table, and my book wish list grew longer with every word. Neither grading or groceries mattered then because I was in the company of friends.
Neither grading, nor groceries mattered because I was in the company of friends.... love that I also like the welcome warm a a kettle
ReplyDeletegreat personification and fun to read
Leah the last comment was from me I don't know why it called me unknown so much I am still learning. not trying to go anonymous on you- Colleen
ReplyDeleteSo happy you found time to be with Rachael and readers. So sad to miss.
ReplyDeleteNice sensory details, wonderful description, and nice to know you are taking time for yourself!
ReplyDelete