Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday, Unplugged

The internet was out all day, but I'm not sorry. I didn’t try to race the clock—down one hour to begin with. I tied my sneakers and raced myself instead. The lesson slides and emails that haunted the cloud had to wait. The questions I didn’t ask Google lingered, open-ended, fluttered like moths and never landed. 

I talked more than I texted. Reached for paper to make plans. Walked the dog more than I worked. In the end, I found Sundays are much better without internet at all.

6 comments:

  1. Sunday unplugged! You might be on to something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. All that other stuff will be waiting for you on Monday. It's good to enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I barely remember a time when I didn’t just Google all of my questions. I love the way you described the questions lingering! I kind of wish my internet would go out on a Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - this post is refreshing - and encouraging! I will unplug too, when I'm done with my class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounded like bliss- I love this imagery “The questions I didn’t ask Google lingered, open-ended, fluttered like moths and never landed.“

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when every Sunday was unplugged.

    ReplyDelete