Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Winning isn't everything.

Winning isn't everything. But losing stings.

Wordle 262 X/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩

Just one week ago, I coasted to the finish line with a golden "rupee" hanging from my neck. Today, I bow my head in defeat over a word we all use around the house.

It's true, I struggled through six fruitless rows, only to receive a failing grade at the end. My heart swells for students who pour such passion into their academic demands and come up short. The ones who sit by when the honor certificates are delivered during T.A. Gosh, I'm even rethinking the Kahoot podium for those who remain in the stands. 

While today's loss won't deter me from trying again [at least 4:27:34 seconds from now], I will stand tall for the underdog. Soon, I hope to replace this verbal trouncing with the triumph I deserve. And if I don't, I have some advice at the ready:

"Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing." -Shakespeare

3 comments:

  1. Such wise words from The Bard. I have no doubt you will come roaring back in your next Wordle challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love a good win, but you certainly learn more from losing.

    ReplyDelete