Wednesday, March 23, 2022

I bottled one portion of sunshine

I bottled one portion of sunshine yesterday. Rain was in the forecast, but there was a wide patch of pure gold on my driveway in the late afternoon. I took my place in a chair, sat real still, and opened the lid. It took some patience to get the angle right, for the sun is an equal opportunity resource. 

With my hands wrapped firmly around the glass base, I closed my eyes against the glare and meditated on the electromagnetism of my core. Multicolored molecules vibrated in a miraculous cyclone above me, spinning and spiraling into the narrow neck of my container until I secured the top. 

It has rained from morning until night. A steady drip, dropping outside my window has been known to bring me down before, but lucky for me, I thought ahead. The only problem is that the weatherman just called. It looks like I should have bottled two.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of bottling sunshine. And the image of you actually doing it. Perfect! Maybe there is a little left in the bottom of the jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a genius idea! Best to seek some venture money and get these little bottles of sunshine on the shelves of our local stores. A drug-free mood enhancer is bound to be the hottest thing since those table top succulent terrariums.

    ReplyDelete