Friday, March 18, 2022

Thank you to...

Thank you to the gentleman behind the front desk at Planet Fitness. He saw my birthday alert and delivered a complimentary bottle of water. He's no psychic, but it was cold and delicious. 

Thank you to the spoken word artist who taught my students this week. He might be psychic. But did he know how excited I'd be when he asked, "Anyone's birthday today?" I haven't jumped that high in my classroom for a long time. 

Thank you to my niece whose singing voice is so sweet. She sang happy birthday through the car speaker on my way home. The "ta-da" at the end was a very nice touch.

Thank you to my family for knowing I favor hugs over pancakes. They don't spoil the Wordle with hints. They read my writing, too.

Thank you to me for buying pickles yesterday. Once cynical about self-care, I know now that the simple crunch in my sandwich does make the difference. Also painted fingernails. Occasionally, fresh flowers. Growing older has its perks.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! Thank you to the writer who crafted this post that made be grin ear to ear. Especially the part about the poet and the pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear day one of the new birth year is going well and that you are no longer in a pickle about a lack of pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest to you! Sounds like it was a great day, pickly perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gratitude is inspiring! Here's to another great year in teacher town.

    ReplyDelete