Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 28

I'll admit that my emotions have been very close to the surface lately. I'm usually not one for tearing up, but pregnancy has brought out a whole new side of me. This was especially true today at the Capitals game with my two sons and husband; the noise of the horn, the flash of the jumbotron, and the energy from the fans made my throat clench up, my heart thump in my chest, and my eyes water on a few occasions. I was touched when they sang the Canadian National Anthem as well as our own. I was proud to see my son's friend down on the rink, riding the Zamboni as a mid-game perk. I became part of the collective panic when our home team was down two points in the last period, forcing the crowds to "unleash the fury". It was almost too much to bear.

At the moment, I can hear my younger son singing to himself in the shower, and I could cry at the sweetness of his voice combined with the spray of the water. My older son just sneezed in the other room, making me realize how few occasions I get to hear this twelve year old sound vulnerable anymore.

Is it temporary or am I turning into my mother, who cried at AT&T commercials as easily as she cried when we sang at church. That remains to be seen. For now, I'll just stock up on some extra boxes of tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment