Newton’s first law states that an object that is at rest tends to stay at rest, while an object that is in motion tends to stay in motion, with the same speed and direction.
Teachers, we're not used to sitting still. It's Sunday night, and I spent the weekend trying to shake some sense into my addled muscles. After wondering why on Earth I was so tired (again, the Googling) I decided I wasn't sick, but desperate for exercise instead. We took the dog out to the field for a game of fetch and she ran with wild abandon, her tag and tongue wagging in the wind. "I want to feel like that," I said and returned home for my sneakers. Then I ran, no tail to wag, but strangers surely wondered why I was smiling at them. I greeted the rest of the day with such pep that my step needed a refresher course.
We're all about to start another week of remote work. Our brains will be hipping and hopping up and down the halls of cyber school, but good teaching rarely happens from a chair. I'm working on a plan for motion in order to stay in motion. Who isn't craving some speed and direction?
Agreed. More motion makes this quarantine easier to take. Dogs always seem to know best don't they?
ReplyDeleteYes! So much sitting. Bleah.
ReplyDeleteI so agree! Doing some stair climbing today.
ReplyDelete