Inside, I've been tackling a different task. Armed with a spray bottle and paper towels, I've wiped almost every surface, each swipe to create more distance between yesterday and today. Listening to Podcasts as if they're religion, experts advise wiping doorknobs and electronic devices until my phone battery runs low. Whatever I'm battling is either invisible or nonexistent, so I feel a sense of futility.
"Come out and see this!" my son calls. "Three people have asked me if I'm digging to the other side of the world. By the way, that's impossible," he adds.
I set the disinfectant aside to admire his handiwork. "This is awesome," I exclaim, "We really needed this done."
I'm telling the truth. And just in case, I go in to finish my chores, too.
I love his and your acknowledgement that even though it may look like he is trying to do the impossible, his task is not only doable, but necessary.
ReplyDeleteLove the energy that your little guy has! That's awesome. Such a positive post, in spite of your struggle inside.
ReplyDeleteAt least your weather has turned the corner. I have been spraying every knob and handle in the hours. Not something I would have thought of before.
ReplyDeleteToday must have been the day to tackle the seemingly impossible. I cleaned the entire house and have started keeping sprays and wipes out in plain sight in the kitchen and all the bathrooms.
ReplyDeleteYou and your son have accomplished a lot. I hope you both take time to rest, mentally and physically, as well.
"Whatever I'm battling is either invisible or nonexistent, so I feel a sense of futility." Your words and images are powerful. I love how your little one is digging away. Now I gotta go and disinfect some door knobs!
ReplyDelete