Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Day Without a Decent Slice

I've got to make this quick. Bed is calling my name, and I've deleted four potential slice of life so far. There was something about today that gave me plenty of ideas, but they have been as slippery as spaghetti over a pot of boiling water on a wooden spoon. Which slices have been sent to permanent exile with a command + x? The token red scarf that I threw on at the last minute, the lesson plan that required my constant presence, the strike my brain went on after school since my body did not, and my husband's spirit for cooking and cleaning much more than I was willing or able to do. Thanks, honey. No I mean it. Thank you for making it so that our household does not fall apart when I don't feel like holding it together.

1 comment:

  1. I like the vivid images, agile language, and ultimate gratitude of this slice! I'm sure the others would have been winners, too, though.

    ReplyDelete