Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hello and Good-Bye

Hello, porch, how I've missed you. It feels like a long time ago that we bundled the furniture up in a larger than large tarp, pushing it to the corner furthest from the rain, wind, and snow. When the sun came round this week, blue sky and white whimsical clouds, there were a couple of us here at home that couldn't wait to free the cushions and push the pieces back into place. We've had two days already this week when I set myself up to work al fresco. With my feet up and mild air warming my way, I've been free to look out at my back yard and say...

Good-bye, snow. Thanks for coming, but it's time you got on your way. I've been dodging crunchy crystals on my walk to school for a couple of weeks now. The mountains of blackened slush are a gross temptation for my 4-year-old, slowing down our walk home by a good 20 minutes. Two of three sons have outgrown their winter boots. We've lost a couple nice pairs of gloves. If the sky opened up tonight and lay down even one inch of a winter wonderland, it would be a struggle to love without the temptation to gaze out my back door and say...

Hello, porch. It's about time we got reacquainted. Let's spend months together, you and me.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than a porch retreat. I'm glad to hear yours is once again open for business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larger than large tarps and white whimsical clouds... Nice!

    ReplyDelete