Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Birthday Retrospective

How convenient it is that this annual Slice of Life writing challenge takes place through my birthday month. I kept a journal into my twenties, but I don't fill notebooks anymore with handwritten thoughts and observations. Today, I clicked through nearly 6 years of Teacher Town to read the snapshots I've taken of my life on this day (or approximately). It was more fun than iPhoto. 

Things that have made my birthday happy since 2010:
  1. One kicking baby in my belly and chocolate cake
  2. Delusions of a pickup line 
  3. A sprint against my teenage son (in which I lost)
  4. Artistry of a chef and a friend
  5. Family dinner celebration
Early this morning, my middle son sneaked up behind me with a life-size stuffed dog, a gift from all of the boys. We've been daydreaming of getting a dog, and this sweet dalmation sure seems to be part of the campaign. Now after my birthday dinner, we're scratching behind his furry ears and making him a doggy bed. Only time will tell if this slice will come to life in the year or years ahead, but I'm thankful for this account nonetheless.

1 comment: