We had a late dinner tonight, on account of one of my son's hockey games, and a much-needed trip to grocery store that I neglected yesterday due to the fine weather. Because we were tired, we didn't care to move the newspaper off the table, so instead of forcing dinner-time conversation, our attention veered toward the brackets pictured inside the sports section.
I was raised by a basketball fan. My dad would take me to Georgetown games when Patrick Ewing was a star. He takes my sons, now. And the good news is that they've developed an understanding and appreciation of the game, more than I ever did. Tonight, the three of them (husband included) gave me their take on this year's tournament, but I couldn't keep up.
It may be due to my own March Madness happening right here online. Anyone else with me on this? Since my students started posting (several daily and many regularly) slices of their lives, I've been doing my best to comment on each of their slices (I know I'm not alone on this one). Some represent what a slice was meant to be, others are trying to pound out some words in an attempt to "win a fabulous prize". All of the posts seem worthwhile for my kiddos as they grow as writers. Meanwhile, I'm bleary eyed with all of the reading and typing.
I must have been mad when I said "yes" to this.
And the winners are...the kiddos growing as writers and their teacher!
ReplyDeleteI'm doing the Slices and then somehow let myself get talked into a poetry march madness challenge! YIKES!
ReplyDeleteYes! I understand "my own March Madness happening right here online." It is good though -- all of the writing and all of the growth. :)
ReplyDeleteRuth