Friday, March 9, 2012

Kiss and Tell All

Not only did my students think it was perfectly fine to post about their game of Truth or Dare for the Slice of Life Challenge, but they were also 100% comfortable sharing the details with me in English today. I limited our audience (they would have loved to call the news from a mountain top) and collected details from the event. Who? What? Where? When? WHY?! and How could you?!

One of the girls who was eagerly filling me in, completely unaware that she may be viewed as a snitch, said, "Kids just shouldn't be playing this sort of game until 10th grade."

"Or never," was my suggestion, for I believe there is never a good time to kiss a boy on a dare. It's not that I've never been in a similar situation, it's just not an experience I would ever recommend. Dominque smelled someone's armpit. Joey licked the back of the seat. Kayla kissed Andrew on the cheek. Kayla was also absent today, so I couldn't have a heart-to-heart chat with her. I removed traces of their mischief from the SOL site, even as they learn about 1st amendment rights in social studies.

As it turns out, a father and a mother of the girls who led the questionable game were sitting at the front of the bus the whole time as chaperones. I'm so happy it's Friday.

2 comments:

  1. See Tracey's post...smells like preteen spirit all over the county.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Glad you had the weekend. Oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete