Friday, March 28, 2014
Therapeutic dusting
Typical of any day, I didn't manage to fit everything into the time I was assigned, so after I sprinted (track practice was not enough) to the pick up my littlest one, I thought to myself, "Why end my work day now?" I pictured my early evening chasing the scooter and emptying the dishwasher while my cluttered thoughts sapped my full ability to say TGIF. I changed my plans and instead of running home, little B and I went to check out my school. There was no chance that I'd correct a single paper, no chance at all, but I did set my room up for Monday. While Cutiepie drew on my whiteboard, reminded me that I have a stuffed kitty, and tried out my ping-pong set, I wiped down counters, filed papers, and stored materials to use for next year. Today was the last day of third quarter, and our teacher-work-day may have been displaced in favor of snow days, but now that I've cleared away some of the junk, I'm ready to take on more busy days ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment