This year, I have witnessed eighth graders:
...reflect honestly on mistakes.
...ask for Disney music as our class soundtrack.
...stand up for each other when someone's rude.
...reach out to new kids.
...appreciate (and implement) writing advice.
...work quietly when I ask them to.
....collaborate when correcting grammar.
...tolerate classmates no matter their differences.
...show up at lunch and after school appointments when they say they will.
...ask for Disney music as our class soundtrack.
...stand up for each other when someone's rude.
...reach out to new kids.
...appreciate (and implement) writing advice.
...work quietly when I ask them to.
....collaborate when correcting grammar.
...tolerate classmates no matter their differences.
...show up at lunch and after school appointments when they say they will.
...write for pie.
I'm glad 8th graders still have a "soft side!" (Disney music, write for pie). Middle school is a roller coaster for kids and the grownups!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that move is working well. I would write for pie too! Have a great rest of the year.
ReplyDeleteWas it the soundtrack from Frozen?
ReplyDelete