Friday, March 8, 2013

H is for Help

There are days when I feel stretched too thin when it comes to meeting the needs of my sons, high school, elementary school, and pre-school. Other times, I can't imagine living any other way. I pack my days full, but when I'm lugging bags and baby out of the car and see my middle son grabbing more than me as he heads to the house, I remember I'm not on my own.

Instead of crashing after a busy week, I took three eleven-year-olds, and the toddler of course, to the pool for a pre-sleepover swim tonight. I imagine that doesn't sound like a break to many, but when the older boys swam over again and again to teach the little one how to put his face under water, how to kick behind a paddle board, and how to shoot a basket, time raced by. My husband and I complain about sloppiness--socks on the floor, six damp towels on the closet door--but the big boys both bring the baby downstairs for a pillow fight any time.

Life lesson: There's no need to go it alone.

1 comment:

  1. So true - and they will have such a special relationship when they are older! For years I was convinced my mom had me so that I could help with the younger children. :)

    ReplyDelete