Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 7

We just made it home from a family wedding. One of my many cousins--all of whom I love as if we grew up in the same house--married a girl who already feels like family, and in true Langton fashion, we celebrated every minute we were together. There are twenty of us first cousins on this side of the family, and while our ages range from 40 to 12, it's as if it was our birthright that we would love each other unconditionally. It must sound sappy, and yeah, I think it would be sappy if we didn't actually like each other. But from the moment I walked into the lobby of the hotel to find the first set to welcome me to our goodbyes at the car, repeated hugs and plans to meet up again in the summer, we were making each other laugh. Lounging on the couch, hoofin' it on the dance floor, lingering at the table, and even crowding into a photo booth, it was the kind of weekend that both filled me up and left me exhausted at the same time.

And this baby of mine on the way? The kiddo already has a crew that's excited to meet him or her. What more can I ask for?

1 comment: