The rain has come, and from what I hear, it will not be leaving us for some time. I'm one of those people who carries the weather with me, and if it isn't kind--harsh winds, biting cold, miserable drizzle-- I tend to take it personally. Given the days of ugly weather ahead, perhaps my resentment of our confinement or our rush for shelter on soggy outings will grow. But now, the rain and I are at peace.
Spring's mild temperatures haven't left, so I stood coatless under my umbrella at the school bus stop this afternoon. After shedding wet items at the door, I'm now cozy in my favorite corner of the house, listening to the branches brush against the brick, watching the holly leaves shake raindrops off as they fall. Soon enough, I'll be back outside in flip flops to monitor sidewalk bike rides and street hockey tournaments among the neighborhood kids. Today, the weather encouraged me inside for proper rest at the end of a week of beautiful blue skies.
Friday evenings are a perfect time for a gentle, soaking rain. It's a quiet way to end the long work week.
ReplyDelete