Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 18

This eighteenth day of the SOLC happens be my birthday, too. Spring is showing its best side, so we're headed out for an after-school walk around the neighborhood before a family dinner out. My students sang to me in class, some dear friends (not just of the Facebook world) sent kind words, and my colleagues treated me with some extreme chocolate cake at lunch. The baby's kickin' this afternoon; okay, maybe a reaction to the sugar, but I like to think (s)he's wishing a happy birthday to mom. And a very happy one it is.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    How true it is about the FB B-day messages. I'd much rather receive a phone call or a card than a wall post on my FB page! (Although those are nice too.)
    SAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a fantastic day. I am going to agree with the thought of your baby kicking is their way of saying "Happy Birthday Mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was singing that Mr. Rogers tune myself today which caught my attention on your post. Happy Birthday - it sounds as though life is very good for you right now. Bravo! --Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Leah! I hope you had a wonderful day and have a wonderful year.

    ReplyDelete