"I didn't even set eyes on it--I barely realized it was morning already" she recalls, and her spouse promptly confirmed. He, too, appeared out of sorts from disrupted sleep.
Rubbing his eyes, he recounted the variety of ring tones she had programmed. "Presto. Radar. Radiate. Also, slow rise."
"I've had a lot on my plate. So I set a bunch of alarms to make sure I don't oversleep."
"Oh, her phone also plays 'I'll Fly Away' from the Oh Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack," he added. O'Malley insisted that she's been meaning to update that since the film was released in 2000.
When findmyiphone app yielded no results, police were called onto the scene. They spent the afternoon gathering suspects. Based on the open window on the opposite side of the bed, they have only one.
The perfect iPhone mystery... dum, dum, DUM... Another well-crafted piece with a wry twist. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI love “I’ll Fly Away”! I’m sure the O’Malleys insurance will declare a total loss for that ring tone alone.
ReplyDelete