Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Gang's All Here

We call it Wacky Wednesday in an attempt to paint the day in a brighter light for the little one. Since kindergarten began, he has made it clear that he does NOT like extended day. "It's too long," he claims, even though his cumulative time at school on Wednesdays is actually shorter than most days he spent at day care One time, I brought Swedish fish. Another time, we headed straight to the library for a holiday event. But the Wacky Wednesday routine we've settled on is to put the puppy in the car to greet him after his "very long day". This time, not only was Allie sitting proudly in his booster seat, but his big brother from college was in the driver seat and the middle one was there ready with a snack.

All three boys and their dog, I had them all to myself this afternoon. We stopped at the dog park--people are funny and dogs are funny, but put them together, now that's entertainment. Next, we taste-tested frozen yogurt that wasn't so different from a bottle of sunscreen, but who's complaining? We threw in some errands, too, and somehow I didn't feel like I was racing a clock to get everything done. This Wacky Wednesday wasn't just good for the littlest brother, but it sure seemed to work for us all.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone together! That is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys clearly know how to take advantage of an afternoon together

    ReplyDelete