Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Can we do this again sometime?

Our weekly trip to the library hasn't worked out because one of my reading buddies just fell asleep in the car on the way. So while the older brother headed into our local getaway, a respite from the hustle and bustle, no charge for admission, I'm with my napper in the parking lot. The windows are open and between sunshine and some shade of pink blossomed branches, we're in a nice spot. At first, I thought I'd reach into my bag fornanfew papers to grade. I was momentarily tempted to reply to a couple emails. But chirping birds and a light breeze, I've become content with my momentary freedom. How nice to exercise my freedom to write.

My weekly schedules have varied over the years. After school hours have long included treking to the riverside or ice rink, soccer field or tennis court. Each stop has offered its own set of advantages and challenges. It's been a long time since an afternoon snooze has worked itself in, though. This is an activity I could get used to.

2 comments: