Please be assured that we began the day in full-force Easter mode. I opened my eyes to big news that the bunny had already delivered the goods! Then despite grey skies, we enjoyed a celebratory service with bright story-telling, shiny music, and pastel eggs that bloomed like tulips. (For posterity's sake, in response to the homily my middle son said, "Wow.") And the rest of the day has been quiet. Our planned visit with our oldest was cut short due to a glitch in his ride back to school, but we fit in a walk with the dog. Where is the rest of clan? They have steered clear for fear of catching what we had. Are we still contagious? Probably not at this point, but we didn't insist. Now we are grateful.
On this night before we return to school, it is a holiday, but we're already winding down (delicious dinner, cooked on an open fire, no place mat in sight), and this peaceful evening is everything I need for true renewal. My sincere love for family--parents, siblings, in-laws, cousins--is part of my identity. However, Rob and I hereby pledge to remember this moment and no longer accept invitations to travel, socialize, eat, drink, and be merry, on any night that precedes a six o'clock alarm, or um, earlier.
Is there a setting that allows me to send this post to me at key points of the year? If so, please let me know. I will surely need a reminder.
Hmm - wonderful reflection on your found time with your little family.
ReplyDelete