Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wrap it up

My tale began at nearly midnight last night when I was folding laundry, several baskets full. There's nothing like a visit from a mother-in-law to get that "urgent" sticker slapped on a household chore, but midnight is simply too late to be up on a school night. I dragged myself and two sons to school early this morning, introduced the famous oratorical contest unit to a whole lot of eighth graders, worked with more kids after school (some of they posted their own slices :), and plowed through four hours of student-led conferences before I made it home again.

What I didn't mention was the chicken I left in the Crock Pot. That's right, I left dinner cooking all day and thanks to broth and salsa, it still tasted delicious even after I cooked the hell out of it. I assembled some black beans, arugula, avocado, more salsa, and cheese (sorry, this may as well be a Facebook photo of my meal) and my fractured family + a grandmother ate pretty well. We rolled up those super tacos before we wrapped ourselves in blankets and said good night.

4 comments:

  1. Your frantic weariness comes right through in this slice. I hope today is a little more relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weariness is right. I fell asleep before I pushed the publish button--awoke long enough to submit, but not long enough to correct any typos.

    ReplyDelete