Saturday, March 1, 2014
The lamb and the lion
This was a quiet day that included a double-batch of chocolate chip cookies, a behind-the-plexiglass hockey game, and finally, my toddler napping in my lap. Today, when I found I didn't have to button my coat to my chin, and that I was content with bare calves to follow the scooter round the cul-de-sac, I welcomed this lamb of a day. The soft ears and fuzzy fur of this easy Saturday will surely morph into the lion that early March promises to be when tomorrow night's sleet and snow sweep over our pleas for spring. It will even open its mouth wide to roar in protest when I put my toes on the starting line of this busy month. Still, it's nice to know the lamb has already shown its face--it is sure to return. In the meantime, I will pray that during this duplicitous month, the lion and lamb will lie together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't help but say I am jealous if your day, ours was spent with the fur collars if our coats pulled tight against our cheeks. Your use of the lion and lamb symbolism is powerful and so appropriate. Not only did you use such strong imagery, but you brought such gentle and warm feelings through the simple ways you spent your day. Happy slicing, hope you enjoyed your cookies!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you described your mild day and your certainty that the lion is sure to follow. I pray they lie together for you.
ReplyDelete