On our way to an Oscar Party last night, they called off school, and not surprisingly, I had a change of heart. It appeared that weather was extending an olive branch, and I was her fickle friend. I welcomed this new chance to stay out a little later, sleep in, and even grade the 30 remaining papers on my kitchen table. Turns out that my husband's flight was cancelled, too. Looks like we're going to get some bonus family time before he goes. Thank you, I appreciate this goodwill, and if I'm honest with myself, I need some forced rest before the race. For the moment, the positives outweigh the negatives.
Let it snow.
So glad you're able to celebrate your snow day. I know so many have received too many snow days this year. Enjoy your rest, family time, and polishing off those remaining papers!
ReplyDeleteI do like it when I hear the cancellation the night before - anticipation of a day off does allow for that sleeping in part. We don't get many snow days where I am so they are really a treat for kids and teachers.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you get to enjoy your snow day! We have one here, too, and I'm sad for all the teachers that are grouchy. What a waste of a day to be mad at something no one can control! Hope your day is fabulous!!
ReplyDeleteOnly 30 papers remained? I'm impressed and jealous. My stack of work is just as tall as it was when I dragged it home last Friday.
ReplyDeleteWell, I am impressed that you went from 200 to about 30 papers in 24 hours. Mine still remain in my bag waiting for its escape!
ReplyDelete