Today felt holy, but not in the conventional sense of the word. I took my baby for a run and we stopped to talk to ducks and barked at dogs along the way. My husband and I mapped out our week ahead as he made breakfast sandwiches for our three boys. I met my mother and sister for lunch and a movie and even managed to catch up on some major family developments--we shared a "chocolate bomb", and yes, that's a c for chocolate. I thanked my dad for modeling patience and love, something I'm still developing as a parent. My oldest son and I talked about Lord of the Flies and how it applies to modern politics and his own views on human nature. I watched Cupcake Wars with my middle son mad we developed our own challenge for our upcoming vacation.
I didn't have to do any of what I listed. I didn't finish the laundry this weekend, and I left some email unanswered. My students' memoirs aren't yet graded. I didn't go to church. Still, at the end of this day, I am feeling very blessed.
A "wholey" holy day, indeed.
ReplyDeleteI agree - this was a holy day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. A day spent following the heart is definitely Holy.
ReplyDelete