The wind roared in my ears this afternoon, and I was only comfortable when I was standing under the direct rays of the sun. This didn't stop my twenty-month-old from embracing every outside moment he could get before and after dinner. At times he stood still, his yellow hair flying around his round cheeks, as he accepted the praise of the waving branches around him. Most other moments, he was running down the sidewalk, throwing still-green helicopters, just blown off the branches above, applauding his own skills with a found stick. His dad and one brother drove up, and he rejoiced. He was not disappointed as they both chased him until they were rolling on the grass of our neighbor'ss lawn.
I can be quiet, and I enjoy peace and solitude. Wild weather like this can feel like entertaining a crowd of friends. I can appreciate its value, its fun, but it wears me out. My little one, however, was born an extrovert, and today, this weather was helping him to celebrate yet another beautiful day on this great earth.
Love the phrase "Accepting the praise of the waving branches about him." Little ones seem to just enjoy the freedom of the outside world.
ReplyDeleteAwesome post.
ReplyDelete