Monday, October 11, 2010

Off and Running

I woke up cranky yesterday. It was a gorgeous day, sparkling sunlight and crisp air coming in through our open windows, but I had to wake up with feelings of annoyance. Why are there shoes in the middle of the floor? How did all of these swords get up here? Is this a week's supply of towels on the hook in the bathroom? Am I the only one around here who cares about laundry? Looking back, I see it was a waste of a lovely morning. 

Today is different. I headed out, every boy in my house still asleep, to meet a friend down on the corner for a run. Sure, my post-pregnant body still lacks the range of motion it once had, but it felt so good to push up hills, feel my heart rate rise, and forty uninterrupted minutes of talk therapy doesn't hurt either. It looks like it will be another beautiful day. This time, I can enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment