Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Not the End

This last day of March was only a little like the first. On that no-fi run, I flew over forests and danced on the clouds. Untethered by rules, my feet took me to imaginary lands at a pace only my heart would remember. That day, the sense of mystery was glorious.

Today, I have been plugged in from morning 'til night. For every question I pondered, I asked a search engine. I spoke on the phone, ran a video class, tuned into Facetime, and my fingers tapped and tapped, mapping out a course for the weeks ahead. Yet the mystery is as strong as ever--not glorious--but a mystery just the same.

Turning the page on this month's writing challenge, I wonder about tomorrow, next week, and next year. I have no expectations of rubble-free roads and I am bearing down just in case. But if I lose my map along the way, I'll try looking for a bubbling stream that will lead me home.

1 comment:

  1. Flying over forests and dancing on clouds sound divine these days. Thank you for painting these beautiful vistas to share with us all. It has been a true pleasure reading your writing.

    ReplyDelete