I knew I was tired at the beginning of the week, but jeez. Daylight savings + lots to do = total resistance to my own alarm clock. Two days in a row I've overslept, and neither time was it at all convenient. And by that, I mean that I had SOL testing first thing that first morning. Tardiness is not appreciated on days like these. So what did I do when my eyes opened on my sunlit bedroom at 7:10 AM? I jumped from the bed and made quick stops in my bathroom and closet before I ran across the field straight to my classroom. Sure, I probably looked a little disheveled, but I doubt that anyone is paying attention anyway. I feel certain my absence would have garnered more attention than my mascara-free eyes.
The second time it happened, I phoned it in. A lady needs to shower, after all. And coffee. A lady needs coffee. Thankfully, there was not a single meeting, STAR party, or test session that was dependent on my presence. I took a civilized shower and made my children proper lunches in their Thermoses. I walked, no running involved, to the front door of my classroom.
Tomorrow is a new day. After two days of some extra sleep, I do hope to make it out the door on time. Either way, I know for sure that this vacation could not come fast enough, no alarm clock required.
So true - DST and everything else is making it hard to drag out of bed!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite lines: "A lady needs to shower, after all. And coffee. A lady needs coffee."
ReplyDeleteEnjoy those no alarm clock days in sunny Florida!