Sunday, March 4, 2012

Together Time

It's an annual occasion, usually during the first week of March, that my husband leaves for a work trip to Oregon. Back in the days when it was just me and the two boys, it was a little trying, but I had the routine under control. I can't say the same about this year with the addition of my third little one, who attached himself to me like a koala bear as soon as his Da da waved from the airport. None of my mornings ran smoothly, school days were never enough to get it done, afternoons were a series of speed races to wherever we needed to go, and I worked late into each night. And despite the fact that the two older boys stepped up to the challenge with me, let's just say I was pleased to see the week come to an end.

Now as we prepare for the week ahead, our calendars are synced and it's not just up to me to absorb those heaping spoonfuls of sugar I referred to a couple of days ago. I feel more content knowing that I have someone to back me up. (In fact, he just offered to bring me my water bottle that I forgot downstairs.) And our baby koala bear has returned to his normal state as a baby human. One who wants his Da da, too. And for that, we are all thankful.

1 comment:

  1. This gave my a chuckle as I remembered days when my own husband would be gone and leave me with the boys. When the other half of the parenting team has to be gone, it sure leaves a void...and it reminds you just how much they do! Glad your hubby is home and all has returned to normal!

    ReplyDelete