Is this what maturity looks like? Because I can remember some years--springing forward dropped me dazed and befuddled on a Sunday, cruelly cheated by the shorter weekend. This year, our daylight savings dinner guests are my sister and young nieces, who happen to have an early bedtime. This year, I will close up today with a bowl of ice cream, two more chapters, and lights out. One hour earlier.
Here's hoping it helps.
With my kids, springing forward makes it harder for me to get them up in the morning. Therefore, it is my hope your nieces sleep in tomorrow thereby giving you an “extra hour.”
ReplyDeleteYou're too mature for me!
ReplyDeleteMaturity looks great on you! I may have to close out the night with ice cream and chapters as well.
ReplyDeleteHope all of your planning works
ReplyDeleteLoved the way you worded this part, "dropped me dazed and befuddled on a Sunday, cruelly cheated by the shorter weekend." While I am currently enjoying my coffee, I think I too will read a couple of chapters. Thank you for sharing- I admire how concise and effective your writing is!
ReplyDelete