Monday, March 9, 2020

Crystal Clear

My world has been blurry around the edges. Blue skies on early spring days haven't made a difference. Until recently, I haven't minded much. Each day painted with watercolors rather than acrylics, more impressionism than realism. But I've come to crave clarity.

I've tired of walking up close to see the sharp lines. I'd rather not strain to see fresh blades of grass that line the road. Although I can see the signs, I'd be better off if I could discern their directions.

This afternoon, I renewed my eyeglass prescription. The doctor flipped lenses this way and that until each letter came into view. Bs no longer looked like Es and I identified the C that once looked like an O.

In two weeks, I'll put new glasses on. Here's hoping things come into focus. 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Very witty. I love the humor in something that could be difficult. You remind me also that I need to go to the eye doctor. My glasses look dirty all the time, that people are asking me hw can I see. Thanks for the positive side of the equation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love your use of metaphors and analogies throughout this piece. So creative and admirable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If so, I hope you will share the prescription!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant post, well crafted with multiple layers. New glasses, new perspective.

    ReplyDelete