Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Silver lining

I got into my car today and found the gas tank was empty. By the time I fit in a trip to the gas station, I ended up with the slowest pump at the station--it could have taken 15 minutes for 15 gallons if I hadn't given up at 12. The bag of green beans I bought on Sunday were already slimy when I went to prepare dinner tonight. I had to wrestle with my sheets to take them out of the dryer. My vacuum cleaner is broken. The universe and me, we're not seeing eye to eye.

On the plus side, I got to sit at a table all day with some of my favorite teacher friends. We went out for lunch that didn't come from a brown bag. We had a plentiful supply of sticky notes and highlighting pens. I got to collect ideas I can use in my classroom, doodle in the margins, and I only froze once when my popcicle stick was pulled. I think I'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment