I’m sitting in a cold boat house, the beat of techno music and the whhhiiiissshh of the ergs rattles my brain, and my laptop, my sole source of warmth, is only at 7% charge. I’ll be here for 45 minutes longer as “dock sitter” and I worry that I will be colder and even more aimless when my battery life, not unlike my patience for this day, is fully depleted. It is simply my aim to finish my daily post--that will be one item of many that I can cross of my list. Too bad the rest of my list will sit untouched back on the desk from which I rushed at dismissal.
It occurred to me recently as I scrolled through this month’s posts that I tend to lean toward the bright side of life. Who wants to read about my cruddy day? So if you are in the mood for little lambs playing with homemade play-dough, feel free to click your way off my page because this slice will sadly disappoint you. Ha, don’t I sound a little like Lemony Snicket? Uh oh, 5% charge.
From 5 AM until now, my journey has swung back and forth between home and school as I endured tears from a toddler, a bleary-eyed 7 am meeting, sad truths from my teen’s teacher, that empty feeling I get when I teach to the test, and finding myself double-booked between parenting and coaching. 3%...that last paragraph was a tough one.
So here I am, in the purgatory of a day that shows little sign of improving. But I know that tonight, I will rest in my warm house. Some of the sourness will remain, I know, but we will be together. The stereo sings, “Take me away,”’ between a pounding drum and the whhhhiiisssshh of the erg-the perfect soundtrack of this moment. 1% and I’m done.
AND you have SIOP training tomorrow! (Is that a + or a - ?)
ReplyDeleteSIOP! Yippee! Except that means sub plans. Here's hoping your at 100% tomorrow with plenty of charge left at the end of the day.
ReplyDeleteBrrr. You made me cold. Both from the boat house and the Lemony Snicket feeling. I hope tomorrow is warmer and more charged.
ReplyDelete