Monday, March 7, 2011

Not Quite a Charlie Sheen Moment

Despite the fun I had running the house on my own, it's pretty nice to have my co-pilot back again. We fell directly into a series of collaborative efforts. I roasted the chicken and the potatoes, and he made the gravy and the green beans. I did the dishes; he made the stock. I ran the bath before he read the story.  I made the breakfast, and he walked down to the bus stop. "Look at us, we're a team," he said at dinner tonight, for which he cooked the groceries I bought. Our eighth grader, keen on popular culture at the moment, quickly called the victory, "Winning!"

3 comments:

  1. Teamwork is the BEST! I liked the seesaw organization of your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Great slice! Your teamwork was like a dance! I imagine a great soundtrack to all of this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy posts that show the fun side of marriages. So many of my friends/colleagues just seem to tolerate their spouses, while I'm like you in loving the part of working together and sharing a life.

    Stephanie

    http://boxofchocolates29.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete