You're in my thoughts during this difficult time.
You, friend, are a day I can shape to my liking. I appreciate the mornings you keep unencumbered by a cold-hearted alarm. You sing your weekly hymn and bring busy families together. Breakfast, brunch, or lunch--this delicious variety is yours alone. Your trips to the store--although too popular at times--fill the fruit bowl and set the table for days. Then you go enticing the sneakers to my feet. All of this before the day winds down, leaving the cherished hour or two to prepare for the week ahead. How you manage to balance the mind, body, and spirit in one 24-hour period is a wonder.
This is all to say that I'm sorry for your loss.
Please know that my standard expectations for you are on hold. One can't expect to spring forward as you have without recovering from the strain.
Are you feeling pressed to do it all? Not necessary.
Any trouble keeping your thoughts straight? That's to be expected.
Picturing PJs when the sun still shines? You're not alone.
Fifty-one weeks of the year, you carry so many of us with grace. Be kind to yourself. We know you'll be back to normal soon.
Sincerely,
Me
I will definitely be picturing PJs while the sun is up.
ReplyDeleteSunday is just an innocent victim of this annual injustice— as we all are!
ReplyDeleteWhat fabulous opening lines: "Dear Sunday,
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts during this difficult time."
I am not a fan of time springing forward one Sunday each year. Thank you for giving form to the underlying resentment I have felt for years.