I thought I'd sleep in, but this morning's sun shining in my window expressed more ambition. I jumped at the invitation and made my to-do list over coffee. Sure, my hair was tied in the same knot from the night before, and I was still relishing my PJs, but my posture said, "Yes" to what lay ahead. I had places to go and boxes to check.
Have you wanted to run in a dream but found your legs useless? Wanted to push without hands? Fly without wings?
When the first of my family emerged today, I was happy to greet them in the kitchen. But when I did, all that came out was air--just a whisper. And okay, maybe I felt a little tired, too. I let my spine relax and my eyelids close.
Rendered speechless for a day, I modified my list. Took it easier than initially intended. Squeezed a bit more lemon into my tea. And most importantly, I didn't talk much at all.
I thought, maybe I'm not up to writing today. How cool is it, though, that I can tell a little story without even opening my mouth to speak?
Voiceless, your voice is strong.
ReplyDeleteFrom the title to the last time, your writing voice is loud and clear. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteI can so relate to Saturday morning's promise of ambition. Then reality rears its ugly head and I find I'm only able to check 3 of the 27 items off my list before days end.
ReplyDelete