Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Will you judge me...

Will you judge me if I start the SOLSC by bragging about my Wordle score? 

Wordle 255 2/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Don't worry, I won't spoil it. You still have 4:09:16 before the next Wordle is released.

Funny story: When I send my Wordle score to my mom during my lunch period, she asks for my first word. A few minutes later? You guessed it--she shares a score that's one better than mine. I love her and resent her for this all at the same time.

Oh Wordle, I doubted you at first. After being raised on Scrabble and crosswords, I wondered if 5 letters could do it for me. But when a person can rule out 2-3 vowels in one turn, who wouldn't cherish the letters who remain free for your artful manuevering? 

It's the time it takes that I adore. What is it--2 minutes? 5 minutes max? Just like that, you have an accomplishment that's all your own. Check it off your list for the day. You just submitted your Wordle, and it offered its congratulations, assuming you make it before 6/6. 

If you get stuck, just text me. Or my mom. We'll help you out.

14 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I have not jumped on the Wordle band wagon, but I know many people who are addicted. Have you ever gotten a better score than your mom? Thanks for sharing your SOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never, but I love the shared experience just the same. Try it—you might like it!

      Delete
  2. Fun post - I love Wordle for all the reasons you give. I'm wondering what word you start with - the same one everyday? (that's what I do). Have you ever gotten a word on the first or second try?And how great that you share (compete with?) this word game with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never the first! I like to try a different first word each day, but I always aim for some frequently-used vowels to rule them out.

      Delete
  3. Wordle addict here! And Quordle and Spelling Bee. Well done today!! I love the tone of this piece, as well as the invitation to play. In a few minutes, you not only accomplished something, but also connected with Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I knew you’d be a Wordle fan. And you’re right—my mom “gets it” and I love that.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wordle, Wordle, Wordle.
    Love this piece and the passion you bring to the daily challenge. I haven't joined the Wordle train yet, but know when I do, I will have to pay for the subscription.
    BTW an ultimate frisbee player created it the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a definitely brag-worthy score. I also appreciate that Wordle takes mere minutes to accomplish and tick it off the list; I am also one of those people that wishes I could get word after word to keep going as long as I like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My students love Wordle, too. That’s a game I can’t complain if they play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a no judgment zone. Mostly because 'judgment' is too long, though 'judge' is a five-letter word that could work ;) Thanks for the light-slice chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you've reminded me that although I busted a student for playing Wordle in class today, I have not played it myself today. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  10. If that was your score for March 1 I am beyond impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Glad you can appreciate that.

      Delete