Going solo, earbuds tucked into my shirt, I was alone with my thoughts. I stuck to the trail, but my mind meandered through the woods on either side. My imagination scampered with the deer hiding behind trees. It zip-lined the electrical wires and grabbed a handful of the cottony clouds. It hopped over the stream and skipped over mossy rocks.
In my final mile, I came back to earth. I collected all the words for my first slice of March 2020. No record of my precise distance and split pace, I rest assured. It was a good run.
You remembered! You really made the best of running off the grid.
ReplyDeleteYou may not have a record of the run, but it sounds like you have a load of memories to carry you through many more runs to come!
ReplyDeleteZip-lining on the electrical wires- I like that image! Welcome to March!
ReplyDeleteGreat figurative language! Isn't it funny that without your device you were "going solo?"
ReplyDeleteI like how you recorded your imagination and how much you could without technology to get in the way!
ReplyDeleteYou left me behind at "one mile into my run," but I love the figurative language. Maybe someday I will love the running too :-) Look forward to a month of your writing!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an exhilarating run for you and your imagination!
ReplyDelete