Track practice, rain or shine, meant running indoors, wall sits/pass the medicine ball, relay races, and Tabata intervals that made the kiddos fall on the floor in melodramatic pain. Of course, I joined them (except the falling). Don't worry, they were still smiling when they said good-bye.
Shortly after, I made a stop at daycare and realized that my son's teacher didn't approve of the way I let him sprint down the hall each afternoon. The thing is, it seems he waits all day to run free like that through those sparkling corridors. Otherwise, it's all about walking in a line for the next 100 years. And jeez, if it were up to me, I'd join him.
Do I sound like I'm ready for spring break or what?
You, me and the wee little one-all very ready for spring break. Soon. Very. Soon.
ReplyDeleteI love watching the freedom and joy that young people run with. I'm envious, actually.
ReplyDelete