Tuesday, March 3, 2015

On the Same Wavelength

I sponsor the literary magazine committee at my school, so every Tuesday afternoon, writers from each grade level grab laptops, check out what's new on our online blog, and log on to our club's Google folder for submissions to read and rate. Sounds rather anti-social right? The reality is that their virtual chatter is as active as their actual banter, and I get a kick out of the way kids ages 11-14 connect with each other every hour they share. Two new kids showed up today--an eighth grade boy and a sixth grade girl--and while each was uncertain at first, they were both inspired by published writing on the screen to create original sketches on the page that I'll scan and upload for the site. From digital to analog and back again. I bet they'll come again next week.

2 comments:

  1. Your magazine sounds like fun! I could use some pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - Can't wait to read the magazine!

    ReplyDelete