Life lesson: Silence is golden.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Q is for Quiet
It was this time last year that I posted about our trip to the homeopathic doctor. She's famous in our family for asking, "Anything else?" Because of course, there's always something else. Except today, when I sat across the desk from her, my son next to me with his allergic eyes that prompted the visit, we didn't say nearly as much. His head hung low and he folded his arms across his chest. His watery eyes watered more with each question. Normally, I wish he would say more, to remember eye contact and to be confident to share his quick humor and sweet heart with those he meets. Above any of that, I want him to be happy. This time I was glad that this holistic doctor with her eyes open to the whole person, not just the symptoms, could see what I see. Words were unnecessary. She packed up seven doses, four more than usual, with a plan in place if we don't see improvement.
No comments:
Post a Comment