Saturday, March 31, 2012

Summing it Up

I fell asleep before clicking on "publish post" last night as I deliberated over my title. I wasn't just dozing, where I could have brightened for a moment to return to my task. It was the sort of asleep that prompted my husband to close my laptop for me and pull up the covers. At the moment, I had a sliver of sense when I blinked at the clock to see it was after midnight. No problem, I thought, I'm done with my slice. I didn't realize I was wrong until this morning.

In my defense, I'll point out that in addition to wrapping up a hands-on project before the break, we closed out the day by feeding eight rowers spaghetti and meatballs before we had packed for a regatta in Delaware. We're just about to hit the road now--a good reason for posting during daylight hours. 

This just about sums up this year's Slice of Life Challenge. Between the student slices I was reading, planning and grading, and of course the long list of other daily responsibilities, many of them illustrated in this month's posts, it's funny I didn't fall into an even deeper sleep along the way.

I'm glad I took on the challenge this year, and I'm even happier that my students participated. I always love reading the posts of my good friends. And I'm also glad it's March 31st.

2 comments:

  1. It's such a sense of accomplishment to have made it to the 31st. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That weary state that you were in is so familiar to me. I know the feeling. I'm glad you are carrying on.

    ReplyDelete