Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kiss and Tell

As it turns out, there was a game of "Truth or Dare" going on today on our field trip to Montpelier. No, I didn't catch anyone in the act during on of my routine trips down the aisle. I was simply made aware of the event because two students were so impressed by the event that they chose to post a slice about it. They posted it for anyone who might have missed this event to read. And now I know, too.

Sometimes my colleagues from other departments say, "It's so nice that you get to know your students through their writing." Back when I taught social studies, I remember feeling some envy toward the English teacher for knowing our students' lives in a way I couldn't. Tonight, I just wonder what I'll do with this information (not unlike the evening I contemplated the "cinnamon challenge"). I may have claimed that my job should be envied, but I never said it was easy.

4 comments:

  1. Every day something new and more interesting...there are many that would love that kind of job. How lucky are we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, an interesting slice.
    Now I have to come back and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they chose to "slice" about it - and that's how you found out! We learn so much from reading their writing. What do you do with this info?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting to know your students through slicing. I do not envy you in this position though.

    ReplyDelete