Bragan asked me today, "Are you an avid reader?" Why yes, of course. I love to read, and I do it as often as I can. He assured me that he and Rocket are too. "Rocket has hundreds of books, mom." And dogs, he added. Rocket has one hundred dogs. Some are Golden Retrievers and some are labs. The rest are pitbull mixes. That last part was old news about Rocket, the alien from outer space, a longtime family friend who visits regularly.
"We should write a book," Bragan announced. "We can write it about training dogs. Rocket can help us and I'll draw the pictures."
He then showed us he can draw a ship at sea with loads of windows and passengers. Sharks and jellyfish swam in the deep. This was shortly before he told me about a musical instrument that has become extinct. It's called a jagslack and it's louder and more menacing than a shrieking eel, but according to Bragan, it was an instrument made for parades. They stopped making them in 1994, no 1991, and Rocket has the last one.
Later, I asked, "What was the best part of school today?"After bedtime, bath, and stories, I was ready for proper closure to the day when he announced, "That I didn't get in trouble today. Because yesterday, I spent one hour in the first grade class." According to Bragan, he was hiding his face in his shirt--I can only imagine what else.
"What did you do there?"
"I sat there and watched...Then I used the force."
"To do what?"
"To turn tables around and see what they were doing. Rocket was there, too. We went to the second grade and third grade and fourth grade. But I didn't see Aminata because she's in the fifth grade."
I remembered the structure he was building with his magnet set before bath time. It was multidimensional, defying gravity, and it housed super heroes within its walls to protect them from "the serpentine monsters".
"Will they be saved or defeated?" I asked.
"They'll be saved by Rocket," he assured me.
I can only hope so. But if he doesn't, I promise to do my best.
Bragan is awesome!
ReplyDeleteA jagslack. A jagslack. I just have to say it again: a jagslack. ⚡️❤️⚡️❤️😍
ReplyDelete